Pages

Subscribe

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Last Words... My First Also.

"We built this City" --Khalifah Rakim Muhammad.

Those words are what I'm going to remember from that man forever. And as we mourn his death and celebrate his life I can't help but feel like today could not have been a more perfect time to start my blog. I was heavily considering just canceling this account and just doing something else with my life but then I remembered writing and music has always been my coping mechanism. And now that Khalifah is no longer here to do his Rare Impressions blog I've decided that I can't just let his memory and hard work just slip away. I may take a different approach than him. But I plan on making a difference.
The last thing he told me before he died was telling that he was trying to prepare me for the rest of the world's hate towards me. He was telling me there was always gonna be that group of people behind me who hate and are just waiting to see me fail. Even though I knew that already it was great to hear that someone else cared.
But now as he lives in paradise I refuse to fail. That's no longer an option.
Thank you for coming to this world and serving your purpose. I love you. and I'll see you. Hopefully not soon though.


0 comments:

Post a Comment